Pine Grove Community Center, Jefferson County, CO
Stephen H. Hart Award for Historic Preservation, 2012, from History Colorado This building was originally constructed in 1898 as first church in the small railroad town of Pine Grove. By the 1970s it was slated for demolition, but determinedlocal citizens saved and repaired it. In 2011, Avenue L designed a comprehensive preservation project including a new foundation, natural stone retaining walls, new roof and roof framing, and restored exterior details. The restored building serves as the town's Community Center.